As I am on my way back home for Thanksgiving, I want to wish you and your family a safe and happy thanksgiving.
As I reflect this Thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful with equated with unprecedented accomplishment that 2008 has brought at a time our world is facing serious turmoil.
- First, I am thankful for my position with the Sam Adams Alliance and not just working a job in politics, but working with a great team of individuals from top to bottom of the organization that are dedicated to freedom and liberty.
- Second, I am thankful for my cousin SPC Nathaniel Heiden orginally from Beaver Dam who finally got a honorable discharge and is back home in Wisconsin for good after fighting for our freedoms and also dealing with an injury that cut one of his tour of duties short. In November, I went to his welcome back home party and my family and I are very fortunate that he is back home.
- Third, I am very thankful for achieving one of the biggest accomplishments of my life which was to graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and being able to graduate with honor and victory this May and still never wavering on my sense of beliefs despite we know how crazy the university is.
- Fourth, a very strong family and friends who have supported me in my political endeavors regardless on who they support or how they think about the state of affairs in Madison and Washington DC.
- Fifth, being able to work with people in Wisconsin and in the Midwest who love their state and their country and will do anything to fight for freedom and liberty in the name of our state.
As today, we have seen the news of the greusome terror attack in India, we should be very fortunate for our freedoms and knowing that we celebrate thanksgiving tomorrow lets think beyond the turkey, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, the holiday sales, and the countless pro and college football matches about how fortunate of a country we are able to live in. This is way to think beyond how the media spins the India terrorist attacks to know we should never take security and freedom in America for granted